The Metz Canada warranty fully covers any manufacturing or material defects for the following timelines:
- Metz mecablitz speedlight for two (2) years;
- Metz mecalight strobe for two (2) years;
- Metz accessories (including light modifiers [including softboxes], light stands, reflectors, and cables) for thirty (30) days.
Warranty coverage begins from the date of purchase. Valid in all Canadian Provinces and Territories. Register your mecablitz or mecalight by completing the form below.
SPECIAL REGISTRATION BONUS: Free Three Year Extended Warranty for Metz mecablitz Speedlights!
Metz Canada is pleased to now offer a free extended warranty for new Metz mecablitz speedlights (excludes 36 AF-5, 26 AF-1 and 24 AF-1) by simply registering your new products below. When you register your new Metz mecablitz speedlight online within 90 days of purchase, your standard two-year warranty coverage is extended to five (5) years at no additional cost. This extended warranty offer applies to 64 AF-1, 52 AF-1, 44 AF-2, M400 and 26 AF-2, purchased as of November 1, 2016.
Exceptions and Exclusions
Except to the extent restricted or prohibited by law, this warranty is subject to the following limitations and exclusions:
- This warranty covers eligible Metz products purchased from authorized Metz Canada dealers only and does not provide a warranty of any type or of any manner for any products purchased from unauthorized resellers, without exception. If you purchase any Metz product from an unauthorized dealer via “Fulfilled by Amazon” or any other outlet or clearance warehouse, whether physical or virtual storefront, you will not receive any Canadian warranty or service.
- This warranty extends to the original consumer purchased only and is not assignable or transferable;
- This warranty shall not apply to any product which has been subjected to misuse, alteration, abuse, negligence or accident (including being dropped), general wear and tear or has had its serial number altered or removed;
- This warranty does not cover normal wear or cleaning, including dust;
- This warranty shall not apply to any defects or damage directly or indirectly caused by the use of unauthorized replacement parts and/or service performed by unauthorized personnel;
- This warranty shall not apply to any batteries or damage directly or indirectly caused by batteries;
- This warranty shall not apply to flash tubes or modelling bulbs;
- This warranty does not apply to any hotshoe components, parts and/or contacts of mecablitz units with plastic hotshoes, such as Sony ADI mounts or mecablitz 24 AF-1.
If you have a warranty claim, you may return the speedlight or strobe to the authorized Metz Canada dealer from whom it was purchased or send it directly to Amplis Foto. Include a copy of your proof of purchase and a detailed description of the problem and full contact information including your name, address, telephone number and email address. Please pack your equipment carefully, insure it and ship it prepaid. We will not accept any shipment that is not fully prepaid. If a shipment is received as damaged in transit, we will notify you so you may initiate a claim with the shipper. Amplis Foto will assist with photos and description of the damage. Amplis Foto will not repair any unit damaged in transit until the shipping company and their insurer have contacted us to resolve the claim.
If your Metz product is found to be defective, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge. Amplis Foto will pay the return shipping charge for warranty returns.
If your Metz product requires non-warranty repairs, we will provide you with a preliminary estimate. Please note that Amplis Foto charges an estimate fee of $30 plus shipping and applicable taxes.
Amplis Foto, its employees and authorized agents shall not be liable for any injury, loss damage direct or indirect or consequence arising out of the use or the inability to use the Metz product. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied.
You should always retain your original proof of purchase for your records. You must present your dated proof of purchase that includes the model number, serial number and price from an authorized Metz dealer in Canada if you are in need of repair service.
Please note that Metz Canada and its authorized dealers reserve the right to refuse service and/or warranty claims for products which have not been registered, are being presented to a dealer who was not the selling dealer and/or have not been purchased from an authorized dealer.
You may have additional rights and privileges under local law and Metz Canada’s warranty is provided in addition to any rights provided under relevant laws.